Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

The Granddaughter Project explained

The thought occurs to me that I never explained what the Granddaughter Project is. At the moment I have 3 granddaughters. I say at the moment because there is another grandchild on the way, but before there was this 4th grandchild to consider, I decided that this year I would make something each month for one of the girls, starting with the oldest. This works out so that their birthday months are also their gift months. Complete coincidence.

I finished made this skirt for Lydia. I hope to get pics of her in it this weekend. I had put the ruffled hem on it, but I didn't like how it rolled. You know stockinette stitch. I frogged it back to the row where I had added stitches for the ruffle, but used a K3P3 rib instead. I'd finished the Icord on January 31st, but I didn't realize it was the right length until I measured it on February 1st. I'm calling the first Granddaughter Project technically finished on time.
IMG_6638.jpg
I can't say as much for my January Stumptown Knits KAL. I'm about 3 pattern repeats away from 1/2 way. This must be why StarAthena decided a hat would be a good 2nd project. I downloaded the pattern for the Mount Hood Snow Cap last night. Lemme just say, "love the bobbles."

No comments: