Pages

Monday, January 02, 2012

Kicking off the New Year craftwise.

I'm not sure if it's the new year or the influx of crafty ideas from blogs, Pinterest and Tumblr, but there are so many things catching my eye. I also have some friends and family who have asked to learn to sew (and I have granddaughters) so I'm seeing fun things to sew, too.  Here are some of the things on my radar:

1. Wrap bracelets. This beaded one using the ladder stitch is the one I'm starting with.
2. I want to crochet some beads using my old, unneeded embroidery floss, to make a necklace like this.
3. I bought this pattern to make the long shirt for Lydia for the January Granddaughter project. Her mommy doesn't like her to wear leggings if her shirt doesn't cover her bum. I feel the same way. This shirt is perfect.
4. I bought this pattern to make a couple skirts for Moriah's birthday for the same reason. Her little sausage legs put her little 12 month body in 3T capris. Skirts and leggings are easier.
5. And this is one of the best solutions to cover the bum that I've seen. Just add ruffles to some tees.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Those t-shirt ruffles are adorable and brilliant. Dang. You're way ahead of me. I need to get my January crafts organized.