Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Geeking out makes everything better

I was having a bit of a day earlier, but it all got better with a little geeking:

  • Improved upon a bit of JavaScript written by Master Qui-Gon*
  • Answered the question, "TOS, STNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise. Desert Island." My answer was DS9. The answer why deserves its own blog post. Hopefully before the end of the week.
  • Answered a "pop quiz" from a customer who needed a quick answer to an unusual request, a work around of sorts, and made her day.
I have to say that if it weren't Speak Out with your Geek Out, I probably wouldn't have given much thought to how much my day improved just by figuring out that little bit of code. The average person's day is not improved by an if else statement.

*Not long after I started working at this job, I dubbed the coworker training me Master Qui-Gon. i was his padawan. Our CEO and Developer was Master Yoda. We have a couple droids, a Wookie, and the guy I trained went over to the Dark Side. That, of course makes me Obi-Wan.

No comments: