Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2011

When Willpower is Trumped by Bad Habits | zen habits

When Willpower is Trumped by Bad Habits | zen habits

I read this blog earlier in the week and I gave the idea some thought on my walk this morning. Last year I was much better about getting up and hitting the paths for my walk first thing. Then winter hit and it was too cold. That was followed by spring, which was too wet and summer, which was too hot. Still, I plan to walk a 1/2 marathon in September and I need to get strong enough to walk it. What happened to my habit and how can I get it back?

The the aforementioned blog I was reminded that last summer I got out of bed, dressed, and was out the door. This year, I eat a little something, maybe have some coffee, visit with my friends on Twitter, and then wonder where my morning went. That has to change.

This morning, I was dressed in my workout clothes before I walked downstairs. I stretched, filled my water bottle, and was out the door before I had a chance to be distracted. I need to continue this trend if I'm going to finish the half and lose these last 15 lbs. It's time to reestablish last summer's good habit.

2 comments:

adriene said...

I'm good with my morning habits, but it's the night time that gets me. I have all the best intentions to stay out of the snack cupboard, but well... the cookies call me. Well done for kicking the bad habits out!

Anonymous said...

You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

My site:
rachat credits immobilier rachat de credit