Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carrying through is not my strong suit

It's pretty obvious from the last few attempts to blog consistently that I'm lacking on follow through. I'd like to think that it's because I'm busy. It's more like I'm easily distracted. Tweeting, Facebooking, improving my web design skills, knitting, watching TV, hanging out online with my friends, training for to walk a 1/2 marathon leave little time for other things. I'd like to get back into the habit of writing regularly and reading every day. I'd like to finish sorting through the junk in my house and getting rid of the excess. I feel like I need a TARDIS to have enough time.

I think I really just need to focus better. On my computers I have multiple work spaces. My work computer usually has my inboxes on one, my set up browser on two, my calendar on three, and my play-space (Tweetdeck) on four. I wonder if using this technique is making me ADD or if I've learned a way to cope with all the information coming at me and need to learn that skill in the real world.

When it comes to blogging, I think I'm on the right track. A new thing everyday. I liked that. I may need to try that one again. Or at least, I need to have a purpose for whatever blog I'm writing. I'm thinking of "Julie & Julia" or a blog of which I caught the last post. A woman had explored being a woman and a geek. Interesting concept. That's what I need: an interesting concept.

No comments: