Pages

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

So, I had a puppet show today at Heritage Park in Groveport. They were having their first Nature Fair and I did a 20 minute show with the help of my "stage hand", Ethan. We've got the stage all set up, the audience sits down, the excitement continues to build. I come around the corner for my curtain speech and to start off things with a tongue twister, a song, and some antics with the "stage hand." Before I get a word out, a little girl in the front row blurts out:

"You look weird."

Those who know me, know that I'm not often at a loss for words, but honestly, the first thing that came to mind was, "Is my hair sticking up or something?"

I had nothing. No pithy comeback. Nothing other than, "This from a girl with a snake painted on her face." So, I laughed it off and moved on with the show.

I told a lady at BestBuy about the girl's comment and her response was, "That's exactly the look I was going for--Jerk!" Okay, I like it without the jerk. What about you? What would you have said to the little girl? You know, in case that ever happens again.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think I would have reacted exactly as you did. That is too funny!

Rehj said...

heres the address to send me money for my trip!

Jay Bennett, LDW Buisness Coordinator; 5652 Stanton Ave, Apt/ 3, Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Make checks payable to "Coalition for Christian Outreach" and put NATE BARTON!! on the memo line.


I would have stuck my tongue out at her and said:

"PBPBPBPBPBTHT!!!"

Rehj said...

i'll also give you a call if you need to send it somewhere else!